Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Seasonings Greetings

| Right | February 15, 2013

(It’s Christmas time, and I am tasked with handing out free bags of popcorn to shoppers.)

Manager: “Hey, I just got a complaint from a customer that this batch was too salty. Maybe cut it back a bit, then customers who want more salt can add it themselves.”

Me: “Sure, not a problem!”

(A couple batches later of adding barely any salt, an angry customer approaches me.)

Customer: “What the f*** is this?!”

Me: “Pardon?”

Customer: “What, is there a shortage on salt or are you just being cheap?!”

Me: “I’m sorry about that, but some customers don’t like much salt on their popcorn, and it’s easier to add more than it is to remove it after the fact. If you’d like more salt you’re welcome to add more.”

Customer: “This is f***ing bulls***! I shouldn’t have to add my own f***ing salt to my popcorn! I pay good money here!”

(Thankfully, my manager overhears this and walks up.)

Manager: *to the customer* “What money? You came to me earlier and complained the free popcorn you got was too salty. I asked my associate to cut back while you loitered around the store for half an hour, picked up another free bag only to complain again!”

Customer: *turns red and leaves*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!