Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Screwing Over Your Coworkers Is Exhausting Work

, , , , , | Working | October 6, 2020

I started work before nine, and I usually go to lunch at 12:30. My coworker always insists on going at 12:00. I’ve been working on my own since just before noon. I have no idea where the two staff that are supposed to work with me have gone. It’s almost three when they turn back up.

Coworker #1: “Back just in time for me to go home.”

Coworker #2: “Okay, I’m going to lunch.”

Me: “I thought you went to lunch at noon.”

Coworker #2: “Yeah, I was going to, but when I got to the lunchroom, [Manager], [Coworker #1] and I decided to have a department meeting at the table while we ate.”

Department meetings are supposed to involve all staff members, usually after hours, but these three staff make up their own rules.  

Me: “Seeing that you’ve eaten, could I go to lunch now?”

Coworker #2: “No, I still need to have my break. Why would you need to go first?”

Me: “I haven’t eaten since eight am and I really have to go to the bathroom right now. I’ve been here for three hours on my own.”

She all but rolls her eyes.

Coworker #2: “Fine, you go, then. I’ll just have to wait an extra half-hour for my break even though I’m really tired.”

I guess sitting down for three hours is exhausting.

Me: “Okay, bye.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!