Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Screening The Customers

| Right | November 8, 2016

Me: “That’s two adults for [Movie] at 15:50; you’ll be in screen 12.”

Customer: “No, that’s wrong.”

Me: “Oh, I’m sorry. Did you want a later showing?”

Customer: “No, screen 12. You don’t have a screen 12.”

Me: “Um, yes, we do. We have 14 screens.”

Customer: “No, you’re lying to me and sending me to the wrong screen. You don’t have a screen 12. You only have 3 screens.”

Me: “No, we have 14.”

Customer: “Then why does that say screens 1-3 on it?”

(The customer points to a large sign on the opposite side of the foyer that indicates where screens 1-3 are.)

Customer: “Huh, huh, so, fix this now, and do your f****** job correctly.”

Me: “Screen 12 is on the other side of the foyer.”

(We are at the ice cream counter which obscures the view of the sign indicating screens 4-14.)

Customer: *leans over the small counter and right into my face* “There is no f****** screen 12. Fix it, you stupid b****!

Me: *I step back, walk around the counter and step into the foyer, taking a few steps out until the sign is visible* “Sir, if you could just step over here?”

Customer: *looks confused, but stamps over* “What?”

(I point at the sign for the screens and remain silent.)

Customer: “But… But…”

Me: “That is the direction for screen 12, but since you were verbally abusive and threatening towards a member of staff I’m refusing you service and asking you to please leave the premises before I call security. The front doors are that way.”

(He started screaming and swearing enough that in the end we had to call security to remove him, and he didn’t get a refund on the tickets he’d already paid for.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!