Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Scream Bloody Murder

, , , , | Friendly | September 5, 2019

I have a large dog that is very vocal. One day, I was walking through our local woodlands and my dog jumped into the bushes and away from sight. I wasn’t worried as my dog has good recall.

All of a sudden, a female deer jumped across the path and bounded away. My dog became so excited by her find that she began to scream. When I say scream, I mean legitimately scream. She is from a breed known for their “singing.”

A few minutes later, a woman ran in front of me from one of the adjourning paths. She was frantic and out of breath. She asked me if I had been screaming and if I was okay. She asked if I had been attacked or if I had fallen, etc., and I calmly explained that my dog had seen a deer and had gotten overexcited.

The woman wouldn’t hear it. She was adamant that she “knew what a human scream sounded like” and that if I was “covering for someone, there was a special place in Hell for people like me.”

I explained that it was my dog, but when I tried to leave, the woman grabbed me and got out her phone to call the police.

Luckily, my dog spotted a squirrel and began to chirp and sing with excitement. Point proven, the woman blushed and let go. She did not apologise before walking away.

Whilst I am happy to know that the people in my area are willing to run to the rescue, I think that the woman could have handled the situation better.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!