Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Scores Tan Out Of Ten For Observation

, , , , | Working | January 23, 2019

(I have just finished shopping at a grocery store, which is part of a small, local chain. The store staff wears two types of uniform shirts. They are both polo shirts with a small store logo, but the baggers, stockers, base-level associates, etc. wear bright red, and the department managers, shift leads, etc. wear tan. I have just put my groceries in the car, and I am returning my cart to the car corral. The closest one actually is at the store exit, so I am walking through the parking lot with my empty cart, and I pick up another stray cart on the way. As I get to the store exit and am about to push both carts into the corral, I see a tan-shirt smoking outside — which is, by the way, illegal so close to the store.)

Tan-Shirt: “Are you just going to do them two at a time, or what?”

Me: “Sorry?”

Tan-Shirt: “I said, are you just going to collect the carts two at a time? Stop being so f****** lazy and collect them all. You are not being paid to waste your time wandering outside.”

Me: “I don’t work here. I just brought my cart back because I don’t like leaving it stranded in the parking lot.”

Tan-Shirt: “What do you mean, you don’t work here?”

Me: “Do I look like I do?”

(I point to my shirt, which is a maroon t-shirt with a huge Harry Potter design on the front.)

Tan-Shirt: “And you need to wear a proper uniform shirt!”

Me: *turning around and walking back to my car* “F*** you.”

(The tan-shirt kept yelling something about me being fired and such. Good luck, dude.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!