Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Save Us From The Super Savers

| Right | October 15, 2014

(Every week, we have coupons such as 25% off or a certain dollar price off of a product. You have to choose only one coupon as it states in the small text, but one customer always comes in and refuses to accept it. We have a deal on Sharpies reduced to $2.00. You either get $1.50 off or 25%. She brings all the sharpies we have stocked.)

Me: “Will that be all for you?”

Customer: “Yes.” *hands me about 20 coupons for $1.50 off and 25% off*

Me: “Ma’am, you must choose one coupon to use and only one coupon per transaction.”

Customer: “The coupon doesn’t say that.”

Me: “Yes. If you read here it says only one coupon per person per transaction and it’s not valid with any other offer. You can only get $1.50 off one or you can take 25% off your entire purchase.”

Customer: “Well, I’ll only take one, then!”

(We have to take all the sharpies back. She comes in the next week with a price match of Crayola markers for $0.97 and a $1.00 off coupon. She again, has every box we have in stock.)

Me: “Ma’am, we cannot give you $1.00 off an item that is $0.97. I can ring them all up for $0.97 or I can take $1.00 of one of the boxes.”

Customer: “Why? Let me see your manager.”

(My manager comes and explains the coupon to her and tells her it states in the small print, one coupon per person per transaction.)

Customer: “Can’t I just do separate transactions?”

Manager: “No.”

Customer: “I’ll take one, then!”

(After she left I asked my manager if we could just ban her.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!