Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Sam And Dean Save The Day Again

| Romantic | October 25, 2012

(My boyfriend and I attend the same university, but we have different majors. Therefore, our exam schedules are completely different. I have a bunch of midterms while he has only a few assignments. Since he knows I haven’t had the opportunity to buy groceries with all my exams happening, he offers to get me what I need on his grocery run. We’re both TV junkies, and he’s just gotten me into a new series.)

Boyfriend: *text* “Hey, send me a list of things you need. I’ll pick them up for you.”

(I list off some food essentials I need.)

Boyfriend: “Anything else?”

Me: *joking* “Seasons 4-6 of Supernatural. 3 too if you can find it, between the breads and coconut juice.”

Boyfriend: “You mean on DVD?”

Me: “Yup yup. Garnished with all the extras on top too please!”

Boyfriend: “I’ll see what I can do…”

(Later, when we meet up after a rather stressful exam to grab my groceries, he tells me he got everything and that he’s pretty sure the TV season is at the bottom of the bag. I figure he’s joking along until I see he’s actually serious. I nearly rip apart the bag in the process of getting to the bottom to find that he actually DID buy one of the seasons!)

Me: *absolutely speechless* “I was kidding!”

Boyfriend: “I know, but you’ve been working so hard lately, under a lot of stress and yet still try and make time to spend with me. I figured you deserved something that would brighten your day.”

(He was right. It was the nicest surprise I’d ever gotten, and totally made my day!)


This story is part of our Junk Food Day roundup!

Read the next Junk Food Day story!

Read the Junk Food Day roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!