Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Sister Resistor

| Related | November 14, 2014

(I am male. I have two younger sisters, Sister #1 and Sister #2. Sister #2 likes to get both of us in trouble whenever she can, and being the youngest she gets away with a lot. Sister #2 is 12 and lives in the bedroom next to the master suite when this happens. Sister #1 is 18 and I’m 19, and we both live downstairs. Sister #1 comes upstairs to join us at 7:30 am for breakfast when this conversation happens.)

Mom: “[Sister #1], you left the lights on in the kitchen again last night.”

Sister #1: “Okay, I know I’ve made that mistake before but this time it wasn’t me.”

Mom: “Yes, it was. [Sister #2] said she got up to go to the bathroom and saw you in the kitchen, and that you left the lights on.”

Sister #1: *annoyed* “Did [Sister #2] happen to mention what time this was?”

Mom: *to Sister #2* “Didn’t you say it was around 11, sweetheart?

(Sister #2 nods, a smug expression on her face and I immediately see two problems with this, but before I can speak up…)

Sister #1: *still annoyed* “Mother, I just got home. And I was at work at 11 last night.” *sarcastically* “I know that you like to believe everything that [Sister #2} says, but honestly…”

Mom: *immediately defensive* “Don’t you get nasty with me!”

Sister #1: “Mom, you just accused me of leaving the lights on in the kitchen on a night you knew I wasn’t even home because [Sister #2] told you it was my fault. How about you stop pretending the kid is so innocent? It was probably her, and she just didn’t want to get in trouble.”

Sister #2: “I’m not a kid! And I didn’t lie! I saw you!”

Sister #1: “I was at work, [Sister #2]. And I went straight from there to [Boyfriend]’s house, and I just got home five minutes before I came upstairs. If you saw me in the kitchen last night, you were dreaming or hallucinating.”

(Sister #2 knew she’s been caught in a lie, and rather than admit it or anything like that, she continued to insist that she saw Sister #1 in the kitchen at 11 pm the night before, and that she’s the one who left the lights on. Sister #1 proceeded to call her manager, put him on speakerphone, and ask him to tell us where she was the previous night at 11 pm. It turned out to be right in front of him, going over what needed to be done. Sister #2 still refused to admit her lie, and threw a tantrum to get out of being grounded. Happily, neither of us live at home anymore, but six years later our sister is still the same spoiled, self-centered little brat and has been fired from six jobs in four months for lying and blaming her own misdeeds on other people.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!