Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Saks Sells Everything These Days…

, , , , , | Right | November 7, 2018

(I’m a female working as a technician at a popular electronics store. I have just completed a technical appointment with a nice older couple, likely in their late 60s or early 70s, from New Zealand, with very thick accents. They are very pleasant people, and they tell me how much they’re loving their time in Canada. After their appointment:)

Woman: “Can you tell me if there’s a sex shop around?”

Me: *a bit taken aback by the question, but not one to judge* “Oh, yes, there are plenty in this area. I’ll show you on a map on one of our computers.” *takes them over to one of the store computers and types “sex shop” into maps search*

Woman: *bursts out laughing* “Oh, no no no, dear! I was asking about Saaaaaks. As in ‘Saks Off Fifth!’”

(She is referring to Saks department store, which we don’t have in Canada. I’m blushing profusely and the husband and wife are cracking up.)

Me: “Well… you never know… It made sense; you two are on vacation.” *laughs* “No, we don’t have that store in Canada.”

(All three of us were laughing so hard, I had to quickly make sure to close the open browser window with the nearest “sex shops” shown on the map. This was about five years ago and I still crack up every time I think of it.)

 

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!