Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Sadly, Notes Like This Are Very Foreseen

, , | Right | October 1, 2021

As a student, my sister had a job at a small tourist information center. During graveyard shifts, only one or two people were scheduled there.

Once, the graveyard shift was being covered by a couple who both had to call off due to the unexpected death of a relative or friend. Since no one could be found to cover up in time, the center had to be closed early. Management put up a note on the door.

Management: “Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are unfortunately closed today. Our apologies for any inconvenience.”

The next day, when the center opened up again, it turned out someone had put a second note next to the first one, from the outside.

Guest: “This is a very big disappointment for us. We really planned to come in here today to make some purchases and get some information. So, yes, this is very inconvenient for us. I hope you take note of that!”

Two pieces of advice to people who write notes like this. First of all, “unforeseen circumstances” is a euphemism for an unexpected family crisis or illness or whatever. The point is, it is for something very serious and private, which is NONE of your business. Respect that.

Secondly, putting up this kind of note doesn’t make you smart or noticed; it makes you seem entitled and arrogant. Your business will not be missed.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!