Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Sadly Not Immune To Customers Who Are Offended By Pieces Of Cloth

, , , , | Right | September 26, 2022

I have a minor cold, so even though wearing masks isn’t mandatory anymore, I wear mine to not infect anyone else. A customer comes up to the service desk and asks to speak to me specifically.

Me: “Hi, sir, how can I help you?”

Customer: “You know you’re damaging your health, right?”

Me: “Excuse me?”

Customer: “By wearing your mask, you are damaging your health.”

Me: “I wear it to prevent others from catching my cold. Besides, it’s my body, my choice.”

He gets angry at this and starts yelling.

Customer: “You are ruining the immunity of the children! You are actively harming them! You should be ashamed of yourself! Do you have kids of your own?”

I draw the line here, as he’s making it personal.

Me: “Okay, this conversation is over. You can leave now.”

He does so, but right before he goes out the door, he yells:

Customer: “Dirty b****! You’ll die!”

This got the attention of several coworkers, who all went out to the parking lot to make sure the customer didn’t come back in. Luckily, he just drove off. A coworker took me to the break room to recover as I was pretty shaken up by it all.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!