Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Sadly, No Separation Of Church And Hate

, , , , , , | Right | December 28, 2022

I am working in a campaign office for a politician. We are calling the numbers provided on an online survey taken by local residents who said it was okay to conduct a follow-up survey over the phone. I am talking to an older woman who said she would not be voting for our candidate.

Me: “May I ask why you have chosen not to vote for [Candidate], ma’am?”

Local Resident: “Oh, because they’re evil.”

Me: “Evil? What makes you say that?”

Local Resident: “I spoke to my pastor, and they said that [Candidate] is evil and that only [Rival Candidate] supports Jesus.”

Me: “And may I ask why your pastor thinks that [Candidate] is evil?”

Local Resident: “Because [Candidate] is an atheist and [Rival Candidate] believes in Jesus!”

Me: “That may be true, but [Candidate] supports multiple causes to help poorer people in the district; isn’t that something Jesus would approve of? [Rival Candidate] actually voted to decrease the welfare budget.”

Local Resident: “My pastor told me about those, too! They only help immigrant kids, not American ones!”

Me: “So, that is the reason you’re voting for [Rival Candidate]?”

Local Resident: “Yes! Because this is America, and in America, we vote for Jesus!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!