Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Sadly, It’s That Same Old Yarn

, , , | Right | February 18, 2021

I run a small yarn shop. While I have my store listed on Google, it’s mostly for people to get information about my store. Reviews are nice, but they’re not my focus. I’m in the back when I hear a customer yelling at my coworker.

Customer: “What do you mean, you don’t have [cheap yarn]?! 

Coworker: “Ma’am, we—”

Customer: “Don’t ‘ma’am’ me!”

I come out of the back. I’ve worked retail long enough to know what kind of person I’m dealing with.

Me: “Ma’am, leave.”

Customer: “Who the f*** do you think you are?!”

Me: “I’m the owner. Leave.”

Customer: “Yeah, right! Just give me some f****** [cheap yarn]!”

Me: “We don’t carry that brand. We stock higher-end yarns that chain craft stores don’t. The closest we have is [wool blend].”

Customer: “Good luck staying in business, then! Nobody wants to buy your s***!”

Me: “I’m asking you one more time to leave.”

Customer: “Fine! But I’m gonna leave you bad reviews! I’ll have my friends do the same!”

Me: “Cool. I can mark them as fraud since, if they’re that willing to do that, they haven’t shopped here. And I can tell you now, if any of my regulars saw that, they’d tell you to f*** off.”

The customer glared at me and left. A couple of hours later, I got an angry review on my Facebook page. By the time I saw it, several other people had replied, telling the woman to go shop at [Chain Craft Store] if she wanted cheap yarn.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!