Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Rushing: It’s All Relative

, , , , , | Right | March 22, 2012

(Our company has free membership cards, where people can collect points on their purchases that build towards discounts. Cashiers are required to ask all of our customers if they have a card.)

Me: “Do you have one of our membership cards?”

Customer: “No.”

Me: “All right, would you like to sign up for one today? They’re free, and they’ll eventually save you some money.”

Customer: “No, no! I’m in a rush, so, never mind.”

Me: “All right, your total is [total].”

(The customer pays but is no longer paying attention to me. Instead, she’s talking to her boyfriend, looking annoyed, and is visibly waving around one of our membership cards.)

Customer’s Boyfriend: “You know that’s one of their cards, right?”

Customer: “Is it? Oh, well is it too late to get my points?”

Me: “Unfortunately, the transaction has already gone through, so yes it is. You can come in when you have some more time and I can do a point adjustment. I just have to refund and resell you your purchase.”

Customer: “Well, can you do it now? We’re not in a rush…”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!