Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Running ‘Counter’ To The Spelling

| Right | March 15, 2017

(I am helping a caller complete her passport forms over the phone.)

Caller: “I’m fine with most of it. It’s just at the end. It’s talking about a ‘courier sijenterary’.”

Me: “A courier sijenterary?”

Caller: “Yes, do you know what one of those is?”

Me: “I’m afraid I don’t. Would you mind spelling it?”

Caller: “I can try. I have dyslexia, so it’s difficult.”

Me: “That’s no problem. Take your time.”

Customer: “C O U N T E R S I Gā€””

Me: “Oh, I see. Sorry to interrupt. You’ve jumped ahead of me. It reads as ‘countersignatory’. It means someone else needs to confirm that your photo is a true likeness.”

Caller: “So, what do I need to do?”

Me: “You just need someone who knows you, but is not a family member, to sign the back of one of your photos confirming it looks like you. It’s to protect against stolen identity and reduce confusion when flying. If you give your chosen person the forms and the photo, I’m sure they’ll be able to figure it out. If not, just get them to call us.”

Caller: “Oh, thank you so much. This is such a hassle, and I panic sometimes.”

Me: “It’s no bother. You’re almost there, actually.”

Caller: “That’s good. Thank you so much for the help, and sorry about the… sijenterary.” *hangs up*

(She was probably one of the nicest callers I’ve had working here, dyslexia and all.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!