Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Road Rage Doesn’t Pay

, , , , , , | Friendly | February 27, 2023

I’m heading to a strip mall. Due to a lot of construction around the main exits of the shopping area, the traffic is really backed up, with three rows of traffic trying to merge into a single lane to reach the nearest exit. It’s slow and annoying but nothing too serious.

As I drive from my lane into the one exit lane, I am suddenly bombarded by a symphony of obnoxious horn-blaring to my left. To this day, I do not believe I cut this lady off or butt in front of her by accident, but the woman clearly thinks I did and is letting her displeasure at being slighted be more than apparent. She starts flipping me off, really laying into the horn while shouting what I imagine is a very foul string of insults and acting like everything wrong in her life is somehow my fault.

It only gets worse when I choose to ignore her tantrum-throwing. She somehow manages to throw her coffee out her window and hit the back of my car, which only succeeds in making me laugh at this woman’s road-raging antics.

After several more minutes of honking, bird-flipping, and swearing that I can’t hear — she’s got some strong lungs, that’s for sure — we finally get through the one-lane area of the construction zone. Almost immediately, once free to do so, the woman floors it, racing out and around me and cutting in front of me. Apparently still not done with her onslaught of rage, the woman actually leans out of her open window to give me one more flip of the bird.

As she does so, her car veers a bit too far to the right of her lane, running over several construction cones and nearly crashing before she is able to get back in and control her vehicle.

Seconds later, with almost perfect timing, a police car passes me with lights blaring and pulls this road-raging woman over.

I have a good laugh on my way home. Instant Karma at its finest.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!