Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Rich People: What’s Their Deal?

, , , , | Right | January 5, 2018

(I work in a convenience store. An older, well-dressed woman comes up with a carton of eggs:)

Me: “Okay, that will be $2.79.”

Customer: “No, that’s wrong, it should be $2.00! Your sign says two cartons for $4.00, therefore one carton should be $2.00!”

Me: “Oh, I am sorry for the confusion, ma’am, but that is a special. If you buy two cartons you get both for less. It says on the sign, two for $4.00 or one at regular price.”

Customer: *getting angry* “That is ridiculous! The grocery store doesn’t do it like that!”

Me: “Actually, I’m fairly certain they do? How else would it be a deal if you pay actual price for two?”

Customer: “Well, I am NOT paying $2.79 for a carton of eggs!”

Me: “Soooo, should I put these back for you?”

Customer: “NO! I WANT TO PAY $2.00 FOR THEM!”

Me: “Ma’am, with all due respect, 79 cents is not worth losing my job over.”

Customer: “You are an IDIOT! I demand to see your manager!”

Me: *relieved* “Fine by me.”

(My manager is an older gentleman who was in the Navy, so screaming, irrational customers do not phase him in the slightest, and he always takes the employees’ side when we’ve done nothing wrong. The lady starts screaming at him about how the I should sell her the eggs for two lousy bucks and he just gives her a flat “no” and she storms out of the store. As he’s complaining to me about entitled people we see her peel out of the parking lot in a brand new Mercedes.)

Manager: “She drives that and she couldn’t spare an extra 79 cents?”

Me: “I guess rich people don’t leave change under their seats like the rest of us?”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!