Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Because Retail Workers Obviously Don’t Have Families

, , | Right | December 24, 2017

(It is Christmas Eve, at about eight pm. I work in the video games section.)

Customer: “Finally! We’ve been here for half a f****** hour! Don’t you a**-holes think you could hurry up and actually let us get home to our families!”

(I have been there all day and am technically there by choice as we are all going to go to see a new movie after closing up, not to mention I have been informed I am not being kept on after the season ends, so I am not in the mood to deal with any of her attitude. I actually have Asperger’s Syndrome, so I was a bit manipulative with the situation.)

Me: “I-I’m s-s-s-sorry ma’am… I… I’m Autistic and I… I’m t-t-t-tying my be-be-best ta get ta e-e-e-very customer as fa-fa-fast as I can.”

Customer: “Oh… oh, I am so sorry… We’d like [Video Game], please.”

(Now I’m not the most proud of using my autism for ‘evil,’ but it saved me from having to deal with a woman that clearly didn’t understand that Christmas Eve happened to be a busy day at a toy store.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!