Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Retail Access Memory

, , , , | Right | March 29, 2019

(One of my friends owns a small computer shop. He’s retired but he started the shop a few years ago just to keep busy. The shop is doing well and he has a fair number of regulars that visit the shop for computer parts and advice. One day while I’m just visiting him a man comes in and walks to the counter. My friend walks to the counter. Before he can say a word the customer says:)

Customer: “DDR4, 16GB.”

Owner: “SSD, 256GB”

Customer: *looks puzzled and repeats* “DDR4, 16GB.”

Owner: “Modular power supply unit, 850 watts.”

Customer: “What’s this?”

Owner: “I don’t know. I thought you wanted to play a game where we just yell the name of random computer parts.”

Customer: “No, I want a DDR4, 16GB memory module.”

Owner: “I have them, but I’m not selling you anything. If you can not commit yourself to dealing with people in a civilized manner, then I don’t want you as a customer. I’m sure you’ll find your way out. Bye.”

(The customer exits the store without a comment. My friend shakes his head and says to me:)

Owner: “I had to deal with this kind of people before I was retired because it was my job. I’m retired now so I don’t have to deal with them anymore.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!