Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Restroom Results In A Rest From Service

, , , , , | Working | September 21, 2017

(My sister-in-law speaks English as a second language; communication is a challenge in most situations for her, and today is no different. My sister-in-law, my grandmother, and I go out for coffee before dropping her off at work.)

Cashier: “What would you like?”

Sister-In-Law: “Iced mocha.” *points to the both of us* “Them with me.”

Me: “Grande peppermint mocha.”

Grandmother: “Apple fritter, please. Where is the restroom?”

Cashier: “Around the corner.”

(When we get our orders, mine is fine, but not only have they misspell my sister-in-law’s name, but they have given her a hot mocha, and they have completely missed my grandmother’s order. I go up with my sister-in-law to help her talk to the cashier.)

Me: “She asked for an iced mocha and she got a hot one, and my grandmother’s apple fritter is missing.”

Cashier: “Oh, I heard her ask where the bathroom was and I forgot about it.”

Me: “Can we get the iced mocha and the apple fritter?”

Cashier: “Oh, I won’t do anything, since you got what you paid for.”

Me: “But you put it in wrong! Can you at least get a manager to void the transaction and re-take the order?”

Cashier: “Nope.”

(We were shocked that she wouldn’t do anything and neither would the manager. We had to get my sister-in-law to work, so she drank the coffee as it was, and my grandmother ate when we got back home. We are still waiting to hear back from corporate.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!