Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Religion Is Just Not My Bag

, , , , | Working | October 11, 2018

(I work at a local grocery store chain. I’m currently in the break room on my lunch. A coworker is just coming into work, but as she is early she decides to sit down right next to me and chat my ear off until her shift starts. I’ve hardly said a word during the conversation, hoping she’ll leave me alone. Note that we are in a state with a high population of a certain religion. I’m talking nearly half the population of the state. I was raised in the religion but left after high school.)

Coworker: “[Coworker #2] was watching an R-rated movie on his phone yesterday.”

Me: “Hmm.”

Coworker: “I don’t think he’s a real member.”

(I know for a fact [Coworker #2] is a member. I also highly doubt he watched an R-rated film. The most violent thing I’ve ever seen him watch on break was a Marvel film, rated PG-13.)

Coworker: “I’m not going to bag for him anymore. He’s not a real member of the church. He’s a bad person, and I refuse to bag for him anymore.”

(I stopped saying anything and my coworker went to start her shift. I wish I’d told her I’m not a member. I wonder what the managers would have done if she’d refused to bag for two of the three cashier on that shift. I’m pretty sure that’s called “not doing your job.”)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!