Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

He Stuck The Landing

| Romantic | April 25, 2017

(My senior year, in English class, as an assignment and ice breaker, our teacher assigns us to bring in an item to use as a metaphor for ourselves. The two most notable ones were my friend’s and his crush’s.)

Girl: *holds up duct tape* “I brought in duct tape because it holds things together just like how I connect my friends. It’s not very pretty, but it gets the job done. Just like me.”

(A bunch of other people present until…)

Friend: *holds up super glue* “I brought in glue because it can build or fix things if you try hard enough like I do.”

(Almost everyone forgets about these metaphors come prom season, when during lunch he comes up to the table where she’s eating with the dorkiest grin on his face. On the side are our other friends and I, as we’re recording all of this going down.)

Boy: *facing Girl* “[Girl], if you’re tape, and I’m glue, then will you stick together with me at Prom?”

Girl: “Oh, my gods, yes!” *she hugs him before looking at the sign properly, and she takes it and shows it to everyone while laughing*

(The sign? It was the word ‘PROM?’ spelled out in duct tape with glue squiggles as a frame.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!