Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Relationship Superheroes

| Romantic | September 30, 2013

(I am chatting with an internet friend I have met through forums for a video game we both like. She is in her teens, while I am in my late twenties.)

Me: “Yeah, I’m really more of a casual gamer. I play things every once in a while, but I mostly stick to The Sims and iPad games. Not my husband, though; he’s hard-core. When a Steam sale starts, he just sits in his office, like click-click-click-click.”

Friend: “Man, I hope I can find a guy like him someday. The only guys I know who are into video games are my friends, and they’re never interested in me romantically.”

Me: “Really? Maybe they like you and you don’t know it.”

Friend: “No, they talk about girls to me all the time. They’re always crushing on the really girly-girls or cheerleaders or popular girls or skanks; I’m not even on their radars.”

Me: “Give it time, hon. Because eventually, they’ll date girls like that and realize they have nothing in common with them. Then by the time they realize what they missed out on, you’ve found a guy who can appreciate a girl’s geeky side, and they realize their mistakes. And if they don’t figure that out, then they’re not smart enough for you anyway.”

Friend: “You think so?”

Me: “I know so. I used to think I’d never find a guy who loved me for me, but then I met my hubby. Now we watch sci-fi and play video games and go the cons together, and it’s awesome. He’s my best friend.”

Friend: “That’s so romantic. You guys sound perfect.”

Me: “Well, nobody’s perfect. We have our issues, too.”

Friend: “Like?”

Me: “I’m Marvel, he’s DC.”

Friend: “Ouch.”

Me: “Yeah. But we work through it.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!