Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Refuses To Understand The Weight Of The Matter

| Right | June 26, 2016

(I’m a shift manager at a frozen yoghurt shop. It’s self-serve, and we charge by weight – doesn’t matter if it’s toppings or yogurt, it’s all $0.42 an oz. We have large signs above the yogurt machines, toppings, and entrance advertising this.)

Customer: *grabs a bowl, bypasses the yogurt, and fills it 2/3 of the way with chocolate sauce before setting it on the scale*

Me: *calculates her price* “That’ll be $4.53!”

Customer: “What?”

Me: “That’ll be $4.53 for you today.”

Customer: “For chocolate sauce?”

Me: “Yes, ma’am. We charge by weight; it’s 42 cents an ounce.”

Customer: “I know, but don’t you charge less for the toppings?”

Me: “Everything is the same price.”

Customer: “You’re charging me $4.53 for chocolate sauce?!”

Me: “Everything is priced by weight, 42 cents an ounce, both toppings and yogurt.” *I point to one of our signs*

Customer: “I’m not paying over four dollars for chocolate sauce! [Local Ice Cream Shop] charges 50 cents for their chocolate sauce!”

Me: “They charge 50 cents for a scoop of chocolate sauce on your ice cream. We charge by weight for all our items. You got a bowl of chocolate sauce.”

Customer: *shaking her head vigorously* “I’m not paying this much for chocolate sauce.”

(Before I could say anything, she immediately threw the unpaid for bowl of chocolate sauce in our trashcan and turned to leave. Now angry, I started to say that she needed to pay for the food she got, but she just shot me a furious look and hightailed it out of there.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!