Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Refunder Blunder, Part 60

, , , , | Right | May 5, 2022

It was after the holiday rush had ended at my [American Clothing Store], and I was working the opening shift on the register. A middle-aged woman came in and told me she wanted to return a coat.

I discovered that it was a different label. To be fair, the coat she was trying to return looked very similar to the coats we sold, but it wasn’t one of ours.

Me: “I’m sorry, but I can’t return this because it wasn’t purchased here.”

Customer: “No, I bought it here. I need my money back.”

Me: “See this label?” *Shows her the label* “It says [Brand]. It’s a [Brand] coat. We only sell [American Clothing Store] stuff here.”

Customer: “I’m sure I bought it here, and you need to give me my money back now!

Me: “I’m sorry, but there’s nothing I can do.”

Customer: “I want to talk to your manager!”

Me: “All right, but she’s just going to tell you the same thing.”

My occasionally cool manager came over and I explained the situation. The manager took the coat, confirmed the label wasn’t ours, told the woman exactly what I had, and attempted to hand the coat back to the woman.

Customer:No! I’m not taking that! Give me my money back! I bought that here!”

She refused to take the coat and argued with the manager for a solid hour in what was basically a kindergarten, “Yes, I did,” “No, you didn’t,” argument. Finally:

Customer:Fine! I’m never shopping here again!

She snatched the coat and stomped out the door.

Manager: “She didn’t shop here in the first place.”

Related:
Refunder Blunder, Part 59
Refunder Blunder, Part 58
Refunder Blunder, Part 57
Refunder Blunder, Part 56
Refunder Blunder, Part 55

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!