Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Refunder Blunder, Part 6

| Right | June 25, 2014

(I work the customer service and return desk and am in the process of returning several items of clothing for a customer because they did not fit her children. Before I can finish the transaction and hand her back her money, she hands me a coupon.)

Customer: “When I bought these items, the cashier didn’t scan my coupon. Can you just do it now?”

Me: “… I’m sorry?”

Customer: “Just take this coupon off during the return for me. I wanted to use it.”

Me: “Ma’am, this is a return transaction, I can’t use a coupon on a return.”

Customer: “Then return my items and resell them to me with the coupon!”

Me: “So you want me to return your items, resell them to you with your coupon, and then return them a second time?”

Customer: “Yes!”

Me: “Knowing that if I resell you the items with the coupon, you will receive less money back on the second return because of it?

Customer: “Yes!”

(We had to have a manager explain to her that it wasn’t worth it to do all that just for a coupon.)

 

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!