Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Refunder Blunder, Part 17

| Right | October 29, 2015

(I’m on line at Customer Service after work because, like an idiot, I forgot to take out my $3 off coupon at the register. In order to get an extra discount, either from an employee card or coupon, you have to return and re-buy the item so the system knows where the money is going and why. A man two people ahead of me is trying to get money back on a shirt that recently went on clearance. I’m a little late in the conversation so he’s already throwing a fit.)

Customer #1: “I want a manager. This is ridiculous that I have to return an item just to buy it back. Just for $2. Why can’t you just give me the two bucks?”

(The customer service representative isn’t even answering back at this point.)

Customer #1: “Are you going to get me the manager or not?”

(The customer service representative quietly leaves, not really giving the impression that he’s going to find someone. Wrong move, but then again, the manager would just be saying the same thing.)

Customer #1: *turns to the lady in front of me* “He’s not getting anyone is he? These stupid people.”

Customer #2: “I know.”

Customer #1: “Why the h*** would I return an item just to buy it back? Is it really too difficult just to give me the two dollars back? Jesus.”

Customer #2: “I know. I agree.”

(Customer #1 decides to just return the shirt because he doesn’t want to bother re-buying it and walks off in a bad mood. I finally get to the register after 10 minutes with the same cashier as he was with.)

Me: *I have my receipt and coupon out and take out the two items from the bag* “I forgot to use my coupon at the register for these vitamins.”

Cashier: “Sure.” *checks the receipt* “And I’ll need your discount card.”

Me: “Okay.”

(She scans the receipt and the items. I sign the return receipt. Then she scans the items again with the coupon and employee discount card and gives me the $3 difference. The whole exchange takes maybe under one minute.)

Me: “How the h*** was this too difficult?”

 

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!