Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Recording Your Success

, , , , , | Right | April 3, 2018

(A new trainee is on her first shift, under the supervision of the shift supervisor. The supervisor is called away. As I am also a supervisor, albeit not on this particular shift, she asks me to keep an eye on the trainee until she comes back. As I finish my current call, I notice the trainee getting flustered. She is trying to transfer the caller to the correct section, but, based on what I can hear from her side of the conversation, the caller is giving her a hard time about this, and is not letting her do so. I go over to see if I can help, and hear the trainee reply to the caller:)

Trainee: “Sir, do you know that all calls are recorded? If you wish to make a complaint about me, I’ll gladly pass you over to my supervisor, who will then listen to the playback of this call and will hear that I’ve been trying to help you for the last several minutes. Or, I could save us all the hassle and just transfer you through to the correct section to deal with your inquiry.” *pause* “Of course I’ll transfer you through, sir. Have a nice day.”

(This call centre didn’t actually record all its calls, as there was too high a volume of calls to make it practical. But, oh, yeah, this trainee was going to do just fine!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!