Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Really Hamming Up Those Superstitions

, , , , , | Right | November 17, 2021

Our premium brand of ham is on sale this week. A lady wearing a large cross necklace approaches my counter.

Customer: “Can I have two-thirds of a pound of the [Premium Brand] ham, please?”

Me: “Two-thirds of [Premium Brand] ham? Coming right up.”

I slice the meat and put it on the scale. Much to my satisfaction, the quantity it displays is exactly .66 lbs and the price is $6.66. The customer, on the other hand, is staring horrified at it.

Customer: “Um… how many slices was that?

I put the meat in a bag and start to hand it to her.

Me: “Thirteen.”

Customer: “And… you’re handing it to me with your left hand?”

Me: “Is there a problem?”

She closes her eyes, raises her hand, and counts to three on her fingers, silently mouthing the numbers as she does so.

Me: “Ma’am? Is there a problem?”

Customer: “AAAAAHHHHH! AAAAHHHHH!”

Her eyes snapped open wide and she screamed at the top of her lungs. She literally ripped the cross necklace off her neck and waved it frantically at me, then turned and went barrelling out the front door of the store at full speed.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!