Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Really Gets The Kids True Blood Pumping

| Working | July 4, 2014

(There is a book series I like reading that has illustrated covers that look more like children’s books. Unfortunately, this store has a bad habit of putting them in the section for kids rather in the adult or sci-fi sections that they normally go in.)

Me: “Ma’am, this book doesn’t belong in the children’s section.”

Manager: “What? Why? Its cover looks like a child’s book.”

Me: “Well there’s the sex scenes for one.”

Manager: “The vendor places those, but I’ll ask about it.”

(The following year the same thing happened with the next book in the series.)

Me: “Ma’am, this book isn’t a children’s book.”

Manager #1: “Oh? The cover looks like a children’s book.”

Me: “The sex isn’t that graphic in this one but it’s pretty obvious where he’s touching her.”

Manager #1: “What?!”

Me: *shows page*

Manager #1: “Follow me!” *brings me to Manager #2* “Tell her what you found.”

Me: “This book was in the children’s section even though it has some very adult sexual situations.” *shows page*

Manager #2: “What? This is in the book? Get [Manager #3].”

Manager #3: “What’s the problem?”

(I don’t know if they moved the books out of that section or not, but I do know all three managers looked VERY interested in the book after reading that page! I can only hope, now that HBO has turned the books into a popular show called ‘True Blood,’ that the vendors aren’t trying to shove them into the kiddie sections anymore!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!