Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Realizing Their Baggage About Baggage Is Not Really Baggage At All

, , , , , | Right | October 11, 2017

(Our load of plastic shopping bags doesn’t come in, and we end up running out. We start using the environmentally-friendly bags, which are usually $2, free of charge to pack the shopping with.)

Me: “Hi, how are you this evening?”

Customer: “Where are your plastic bags? I want plastic bags. I don’t want to be charged with these rubbish enviro-friendly bags.”

Me: “Sorry, sir, but we have actually run out of plastic bags. But we’re not charging you for these bags, as it was not your fault we ran out.”

Customer: “I don’t believe you; go check the back for plastic bags!”

Me: “Sir, trust me; we’ve run out of them. We’re losing money by giving these bags out for free, and they are more difficult to pack. If we had plastic bags I’d be more than happy to use them, but because we clearly don’t, you’ll just have to put up with these bags that are normally $2, free of charge.”

(By this point he got quiet, and paid and left. I wished him a good night and he smiled back.)


Did you find this story on our World Environment Day roundup?

Click here to go to the next story!

Click here to go back to the roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!