Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Drive-Thru’s New Groove

| Working | December 22, 2015

(My friend and I have been out shopping during Christmas time, having a mostly good day, but we are exhausted and slightly annoyed by the treatment got at the last store we went to. We decide to call it quits for the day and head to Well Known Coffee Shop for a well-deserved coffee, but the drive-thru line is enormous. When we finally get to the speaker, this happens:)

Employee: *on the speaker, with a super deep voice* “Ah, hello there. Welcome to [Coffee Shop]. What can I get for you?”

Friend: “Hmmm, not sure yet. Gimme just onnnee second!”

Employee: “Oh, yeah, take your time. I’ve got to check on my spinach puffs anyway; don’t want them to burn.”

Friend: “…Oh?”

Employee: “Yeah, Yzma can be a cranky old crone when she is hungry. You should hear her. ‘Pull the lever, Kronk!’ It’s pretty much all she says.”

(At this point we are cracking up, so much so that my friend rolls up the window and we laugh until we start crying. When we finally regain our composure, my friend rolls the window back down.)

Friend: *trying so hard not to laugh* “Well, I’d like two [Coffees], please.”

Employee: “Coming right up! Go ahead and pull around to the first window.” *then quieter, as if he is turned away from the mic* “Yzma, is this the [Coffee] potion or the llama one again?!”

(We pulled up to the window and promptly burst into laughter. The poor guy looked embarrassed and asked if we knew what he was talking about. We told him we did, and we all had a good laugh. I went online afterward and had to search for an hour to find out how to give him positive feedback, and I made sure to massively compliment him. He made our day a hundred times better. I’ve been back many times since and it’s always been well worth the trip. Thanks for being awesome, Coffee Shop guy!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!