Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Real America Doesn’t Want Him

, , | Right | October 23, 2019

(I work for a national call center that assists people in signing up for help paying for health insurance. Because individuals who have documented membership in federally-recognized Native American tribes might qualify for additional help, we always have to ask about that. Normally, the answer is no and we move on, but there’s always those special callers.)

Me: “Okay, that’s great! Are you or anyone in your household Native American or Alaska Native?”

Caller: “H*** no! I’m a real American! How dare you?!” 

Me: “I’m sorry, sir. That question wasn’t meant to offend you. I do have to remind you that those of Native American heritage were on this continent before it was colonized by other countries, so they are real Americans and hold citizenship status just as you or I do. Many of them live 100% to 400% below the poverty line and so are in need of additional help.”

Caller: “That’s racism! I deserve extra help, too! I’m a real American!” 

Me: “Again, I’m sorry if I’ve offended you, Sir, but I’m going to have to ask you to lower your voice. I want to help you, but I can’t do that if you’re yelling. Let’s move on to the next question, since the answer to this one is no.”

Caller: “Fine! Get on with it and don’t ask me any more stupid questions.”

(Sadly, this wasn’t the first or likely the last caller who responded in a similar way. It turned out this caller made way too much money to get financial aid — double our income limit — and he ended the call by calling me a bra-burning pinko commie and demanded I explain why a hardworking American can’t get help. Per our call center rules, I calmly advised him that kind of language is inappropriate and unnecessary. He responded with even more offensive language, so I hung up and reported the telephone number as one needing to be blocked.)


This story is part of our Native-American roundup.

Want to read the next story? Click here!

Want to read the roundup? Click here!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!