Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Ready To Box You Over A Refund

, , , | Right | January 22, 2022

A customer bought two pairs of cleats in our store. One was full price; the other was on clearance. He brings the full-price cleats in to return, but the box — which is required to return because it tells the system what the shoe is — is from the clearance cleats.

I tell him how much he is getting back; I don’t realize they are different.

Customer: “That isn’t the right price.”

I check the receipt and realize what’s going on.

Me: “I’m sorry, but I can’t return these with the wrong box.”

He gets angry.

Me: “Okay. I can either get you the clearance price back, or you can come back with the right box, and then I can get you the full price back. Those are your only options.”

He starts screaming at me and I tell him that’s there’s nothing else I can do.

Customer: *Yelling* “Do you expect me to drive thirty minutes each way just to get my money back?”

Me: “Yes.”

He came back an hour later with the right box and started screaming at my coworker about how awful I was. That’s the only time I’ve ever cried because of a customer.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!