Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Reached The Cap Of Stupidity

, , , | Right | June 9, 2020

I’m walking through the beauty section when a woman approaches me.

Customer: “Excuse me. I’m looking for one of those caps you use to highlight hair, like at a salon?”

Me: “Hmm… I’m not sure we have those. Let me check.”

I lead the customer to the hair dye section and look, but I only find a highlighting kit that comes with the cap and bright blue dye.

Me: “It looks like this has one in it.”

Customer: “I don’t want blue hair!”

Me: “Maybe you could get the kit along with the color you want? I’m sorry we don’t have the caps separately.”

Customer: “I’ll think about it. Thanks for your help.”

Me: “No problem!”

I walk away, and later, I’m at the register when the same customer comes up and puts a box of hair dye and a highlighting cap wrapped in plastic on the counter. The plastic has no label or barcode.

Me: “Oh, you found one. Were there others with labels on them, so I can ring it up?”

Customer: “I took it from the box.”

Me: “I’m sorry, which box?”

Customer: “The one you showed me!”

Me: “You mean you took it from the kit?”

Customer: “Yeah, I just wanted the cap.”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but you have to buy the full kit. I can’t sell just the cap.”

Customer: “Why not?!”

Me: “It’s not priced separately, and we couldn’t sell the kit without this cap, either.”

Customer: “That’s stupid!”

The customer left without buying anything, and I found the kit she’d opened hidden behind other boxes of dye.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!