Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Re-Ink Needs A Rethink, Part 2

, , | Right | June 22, 2011

(My phone rings a couple of hours after regular business hours. As I answer, an agitated customer is on the line.)

Customer: “Help! I have to print an invoice report to deliver today. It says here that the printer cannot be found!”

Me: “Okay, sir. Can you tell me the printer’s network ID?”

Customer: “Sure, it’s [printer ID]. Can you get it to work quickly?”

(I proceed to check the printer software on the main server. I find some problems. I quickly fix them and get back to the customer.)

Me: “Sir, I found a small problem with the printer software and fixed it. I need you to turn off the printer and turn it back on again, to synchronize it.”

Customer: “What? I can’t!”

Me: “I’m sorry? What do you mean you can’t?”

Customer: “I can’t turn it off and back on! The printer is in my boss’s office. He already left for the day! The door is locked!”

Me: “Does anyone there have the key to open the office?”

Customer: “No! I’m alone in the building! What should I do?”

Me: “Wait. Let me see if I get it: you can’t go to the printer because it is inside a locked room, and you need to print a report to deliver it today?”

Customer: “Yes!”

Me: “How were you planning to get the printed report from the printer, anyway?”

*long pause*

Customer: “Never mind. I’ll print it tomorrow.”

*click*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!