Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Rated I For Immature

| Right | October 6, 2012

(I’m working the Black Friday shift from 11:30 PM to 8:15 AM. A customer hands me Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3. It has an M rating, so I ask to see her ID.)

Customer: “What, I don’t look 17?”

Me: “It’s not that, ma’am. I can’t continue ringing you out until I have a valid ID to scan. It’s the law.”

Customer: “Oh my God! Can’t you just say I have the ID?”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but I need to scan it. I can’t get past this screen until I do.”

Customer: “Well, figure it out! My ID is in my wallet, which is out in the car. I’m not going back out to get it!”

(I try a few other methods, but it still won’t let me get past the screen. I explain this to the customer. She’s made such a ruckus that other customers are starting to take notice.)

Customer: “Then take it off! I don’t want to buy it! This is f***ing ridiculous. I want to talk to your manager!”

(I call my manager over.)

Manager: “She’s following what she was trained for, ma’am. I can overwrite the screen, but please don’t harass our employees for doing their job. It makes HER look like the mature adult here. And, next time, remember your wallet and ID, so you don’t look like the dumb one at the register!”

Customer: *huffs, pays for her things, and walks out*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!