Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Random Acts Of Drunkenness

, , , , | Right | March 4, 2009

(A customer stumbles up to the counter, obviously drunk, with a four-year-old girl in tow.)

Me: “Hi, how can I help you today?”

Customer: “Yeah, uh, my camera’s broken.”

Me: “Sir, it looks like the camera’s been dropped.”

Customer: “Oh, yeah, I dropped it.”

Me: “Do you have your receipt from the purchase with you, by chance?”

Customer: “Sure…” *hands receipt to me*

Me: “Okay, sir, I see here that you bought an accidental coverage warranty when you bought the camera, so the good news is that it will cover having it repaired at one of our service centers. We’ll just have to send it off, and it should arrive back at the store in about two weeks.”

Customer: “No! You’re supposed to give me a new camera.”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, but I can’t exchange your camera because it’s about six months outside of our return policy, and our warranties don’t cover product replacement without attempting repairs first.”

Customer: “I WANT A NEW CAMERA! YOU TOLD ME I COULD JUST COME IN AND GET A NEW CAMERA!”

Me: “I apologize, but there’s not much else I can do. If you’d like, I can get you my supervisor and see what he says.”

Customer: “YEAH, YOU BETTER GO GET HIM!”

(I bring my supervisor over, and the supervisor confirms that we can only repair the camera.)

Customer: “F*** YOU! I NEED A CAMERA NOW! MY DAUGHTER’S BIRTHDAY IS TOMORROW, GOD D*** IT!”

Supervisor: “Well, we can either have the camera repaired, or you can bring home a broken camera today, if you’d like.”

Customer: “FINE! BUT I’M NOT HAPPY AND I’M NEVER SHOPPING AT [STORE] AGAIN!”

(Two weeks pass, and the same customer comes back in to pick up his repaired camera, again obviously drunk.)

Me: “Here’s your camera, sir. The warranty fully covered the repair, so you’re all good to go. By the way, how did things go with your daughter’s birthday?”

Customer: “Oh, it was GREAT! Thank you so much for fixing my camera. You guys are real lifesavers! I’m gonna buy stuff here every chance I get!”


This story is part of the Customers With Wild Mood Swings roundup!

Read the next roundup story!

Read the roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!