Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Raising Sheldon Cooper

| Right | January 9, 2014

(I am the manager. We have a sweet customer who comes in once a week with her adorable toddler. The little girl is always very happy and people often comment on her. On this day, the customer is looking at detergent on an aisle we’re restocking.)

Coworker: “Your daughter is absolutely adorable.”

Customer: “Thank you.” *to daughter* “That nice man complimented you. Can you say ‘thank you’?”

Toddler: “BAZINGA!”

(Everyone in the nearby vicinity including the woman starts laughing.)

Customer: “She can’t say ‘please’ or ‘thank you’ that’s intelligible to anyone but me or my husband yet, but, somehow, that came out clear as day.”

Coworker: “Oh, my god. That was so funny. You just made my crappy day so much better!”

Customer: “Oh, well, I’m glad we could help! Say ‘bye bye,’ sweetie.”

Toddler: *blows a raspberry*

Customer: “Sorry, I’ve been trying to teach her that’s not nice. Can you wave ‘bye bye’?”

Toddler: “YAY!”

Customer: “Close enough. I hope she didn’t disrupt your work, guys, and I’m glad your day is getting better!”

(The customer grabs her detergent and they head off towards the deli.)

Coworker: “We should give her a gift card. She’s always awesome every time she comes in here.”

Me: “You’re right.”

(When the customer checked out, we had a $25 gift card waiting for her with BAZINGA written across the back. We could hear her laughing all the way out of the store. We love it when she comes in.)

 

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!