Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Raising Kids Must Be Such Fun

, , , , , , , | Related | December 28, 2022

You know that age where children have just learned how to read, and, being so proud of their new skills, will read everything and anything they see around them out loud? I am window shopping one day and hear a squeaky voice quite near me. I look up and see a little boy around six or seven years old.

Little Boy: “S-t-op… STOP!”

The boy’s father, who’s holding his hand, responds.

Father: “That’s right, son; that says ‘stop’. It’s called a stop sign, and it means that every car and bicycle coming from that street needs to stop first and really look closely before they can cross the street.”

Little Boy: “S-e-x-s-hop. Sex-hop? Daddy, what’s a sex-hop?”

Father: *Completely unfazed* “That’s a shop. A place for grown-up people where they can get videos and booklets of naked people.”

Little Boy: “Why?”

Father: “Sometimes people enjoy looking at other naked people. It makes them happy.”

Little Boy: “Do you like that?”

The boy’s father thinks about it.

Father: “Mmmmm… Not so much. I like looking at your mummy when she’s naked. Or dressed. I like looking at your mummy very much. Most of those people in the videos and booklets aren’t as pretty as she is.”

Little Boy: “That could be true. Mummy is very pretty, after all.”

And on their merry way they went, happily chatting and reading everything out loud.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!