Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Raisin Them Right

, , , , , | Right | March 29, 2021

It’s my birthday and I’m at the daycare where I work. I give the children each a little box of raisins.

Six-Year-Old Boy: “I will not be eating all the raisins. How about I eat half of them now and then I get to eat all those other raisins another time? Now that is a very good idea I have.”

Two minutes later:

Six-Year-Old Boy: “It didn’t exactly work. I did eat all the raisins after all. They are very good raisins, you know. Very good indeed. That’s what made it so hard, of course. I got to eat a lot of raisins now. That was lovely. I enjoyed that very much. I’m all out of raisins now. That’s too bad because maybe I’ll want to eat more raisins later and I won’t be able to now. Oh! You know what, [My Name]? I’ll keep the box! Now isn’t that just the best idea, [My Name]? That way I’ll have the box and I can think about the wonderful raisins I liked so much!”

About two hours later:

Six-Year-Old Boy: “[MY NAME]! I FOUND ONE MORE RAISIN IN THE BOX! I GOT TO EAT ANOTHER RAISIN AFTER ALL!”

That kind of joy for life is my new goal in life now.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!