Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Rage Against The Machine, Part 3

| Working | August 7, 2017

(My partner and I are trying to resolve an insurance issue. We’ve been talking to the representative and are then told we’ll be transferred to an automatic verification system. We’ve had issues with this system before, so we aren’t very surprised when we this happens:)

Representative: “Hello there; my name is [Name]. What can I do for you today?”

Partner: “Um… I was trying to set up automatic payment and I was supposed to be transferred to the automatic verification system. But I guess it redirected me to you instead.”

Representative: “Huh. Okay. Well, the robot just doesn’t seem to like people sometimes. I don’t know why it’s so prejudiced, but it just is. Let me see what we can do for you.”

(After going through some verification questions again.)

Representative: “All right, there’s a wrong way to do this that makes the robot unhappy… We’ll try it again the right way. If this doesn’t work, let us know and we’ll yell and scream at it until it does.”

(It worked that time!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!