Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #56777

Unfiltered | March 31, 2016

(This happens during my first month working at the theater. I was being trained on selling tickets by a much older coworker. Although he looked kinda grumpy, he proved to be a good teacher for me and even told some good jokes to entertain customers. Everything went fine for awhile.)

(Then a hispanic family came up. They couldn’t speak english very well, but were determined to try. Because I’m fluent in Spanish, I was able to understand them and prompt them as needed. Everything went well, until one of the boys left his 3-D glasses on the counter.)

Me: *Calling out in Spanish* Hey! You forgot your glasses!

(The boy runs up, smiling and giggling and grabs them, thanking me in Spanish. His parents smile and call out more gratitude in Spanish. The whole family then heads for the theater. I wave as they go.)

Me: *Calling out in Spanish* Have a good day! Enjoy your movie!

Coworker: *Grumbling next to me* They should speak their own language at home. Out here, we speak English.

Me: *Turning, utterly shocked, but trying to stay positive* Well, I speak fluent Spanish, so I don’t mind helping–

Coworker: *Rolling his eyes and extremely sarcastically* Well so do I, but out here, we speak ENGLISH.

Me: Are you being serious-

(More customers come up and the conversation stops. After work I report him to two managers, but, as far as I can tell, nothing was done about it. I still work at the theater, as does he. He is always friendly and makes conversation with me when he sees me. I’m nice back, but with a first impression like I had, its hard to think of him as a good guy.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!