Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Radiating Stupidity

, , , , | Right | May 30, 2019

(I’m the supervisor on a late shift when I’m called over by a new staff member. The customer in question has, in the past, tried to make out my staff to be liars, which is when I started giving the cold shoulder.)

Customer: “I’m not happy with [Company]’s service!”

Me: “I’m sorry to hear that, ma’am. May I ask a bit more about your problem?”

Customer: “I wanted an electric towel radiator! I’ve been to this store twice and to [Other Nearby Store] and I keep getting ones for central heating.”

(I grab a catalogue and flick to the page.)

Me: “Ma’am, these are our complete electric radiator kits; however, any towel radiator can be installed with a heating element and filled with either water or oil.”

Customer: “No one told me that! I’ve called my plumber three times and it’s cost me so much!”

Me: “I’m sorry, but I’m not authorised to reimburse you for such things; I would suggest complaining to your plumber for not advising you about the heating elements.” *to colleague* “Has she been refunded?”

Colleague: “Yes.”

Customer: “Humph! Do not expect me back!”

Me: *after she’s gone* “With the amount this company makes, we can afford to lose one customer with no idea what she wants.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!