Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Racism Not Being A-Dressed

, , , , | Right | December 21, 2021

I work at a well-known “bohemian” retail store that always has a huge inventory, especially around the holidays.

We are especially slammed one day when a customer comes up to me holding a dress I have never seen before, which is very common as we accept many online returns, even if the item is usually not sold in-store.

Customer: “Do you have this dress in any other sizes?”

Me: “That dress doesn’t look familiar; it might be an online-only item. But I could be wrong. Let me check the system for you!”

I scan the dress, and sure enough, our system says that’s the only one in stock. I explain this to the customer and she storms off. Five minutes later, I am talking to my manager when I feel something thrown at my back.

Customer: *Screaming*You filthy liar! Do you not want my business? I found the dress in the size I wanted. Why did you lie to me earlier?”

She has thrown a dress at me, which apparently was entered into our system incorrectly.

Me: “I’m sorry for the confusion, ma’am. It must not have been scanned in properly when it was returned. Isn’t this a good thing, though? Now you can try on the size you want!”

Customer: “No! I will not buy from filthy liars like you! You’re just racist!”

Me: “…”

My manager not only backed me up but let me go on break. I love it when customers are in the holiday spirit!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!