Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Your Race Card Is Not Accepted At This Establishment

, , , | Right | May 18, 2018

(I work in a hotel, and we have a Do Not Rent list. A man and woman walk in. They are checking in with the woman’s info. As I put her name in, the DNR flag pops up.)

Me: “I’m so sorry, but I’m unable to check you in because you are on our Do Not Rent list.”

Woman: “What? Why?”

Me: “It looks like on your last stay we saw six people in the room, and the room was trashed.”

Woman: *to the man* “Call [Friend] so he can get the room!”

Me: *I look up the name as I tell her* “I’m sorry. That won’t work; I can not use his info knowing it’s for you.” *at this point I see that the whole family is on the list for about the same reasons* “…and it looks like the whole [Hispanic-sounding last name] family is on the list as well.”

Man: “What the f*** is that?! You are a f****** racist!”

Me: *shocked and trying not to laugh* “Sir, please look at me. I am mixed-race Middle Eastern and Hispanic, with brown skin and black hair. That is not the case! It is your actions, not your race, that got you on the list.”

Man: “THAT’S BULLS***! I’M GOING TO SUE THE HOTEL AND YOUR RACIST A**!”

Me: “At this point, there is nothing more I can do. So, since you are not a guest here, you need to go.”

(He yells all the way out the door.)

Coworker: *turns to me* “Out of the people here, he thinks the little brown lesbian with a half-black child would discriminate?”

Me: “Yep, sounds about right. Welcome to the [Hotel], where we hate ourselves and get sued for doing so!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!