Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Quizzical Response To Missing The Quiz

, , , , , , | Learning | January 3, 2018

(My grade counsellor sends me an email about a field trip the next day, as she figures I might be interested. While it is absolutely last minute, I still agree to go. I have a test the next day in one of my classes, but the counsellor reassures me that she will talk to my teacher about rescheduling it. The next day in class:)

Teacher: “I’m just going to go through something that came up on the test.”

Me: “Excuse me, ma’am, but I haven’t written it yet.”

Teacher: “I know you haven’t. I saw you in the morning yesterday, but then you left, which was really suspicious, especially on a test day.”

Me: “I know, but I went on a field trip, and it was last—”

Teacher: “I really don’t appreciate excuses.”

(She says this in front of the entire class, and I’m super embarrassed. She just gives a generic example of a question.)

Teacher: “Unfortunately, since [My Name] hasn’t written the test yet, no one can look over it until she decides she wants to.”

Me: “Ma’am, I can do it on Tuesday, since I have to do a language arts essay on Monday, or I can even write it today.”

(The test was on Thursday and this happens on Friday.)

Teacher: “No, just do it on Tuesday; you’d only have 45 minutes today to do it.”

(Friday classes are the shortest of the week, while other days are all 65 to 80 minutes.)

Me: “But I’d rather not keep others from reviewing their tests.”

Teacher: “Tuesday is fine; you won’t be able to finish it on time today, anyway.”

(Around me, I heard people complaining about having to wait to review it. My friend later informed me that it was an extremely short quiz and it took the class a max of half an hour to do it.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!