Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Quit Going By Your Name

| Working | June 30, 2014

(I work at a coffee shop inside of a grocery store, so our register belongs to the store. We had a girl quit the coffee shop, and one of the managers accidentally deleted my register number and sign-in so I wasn’t able to log into it for my shift. I phoned the front-end manager at the time to let her know.)

Me: “I think my operator number was accidentally deleted instead of [Girl Who Quit].”

Manager: “Okay, what’s your operator number?”

Me: “[Number].”

Manager: “That number doesn’t exist in the computer. Are you sure that’s your number?”

Me: “That’s the number I’ve been using since I transferred here seven months ago.”

Manager: “Well, it’s not on here. The operators listed with numbers are [Supervisor], [Co-Worker #1], [Co-Worker #1], and [Girl Who Quit]. What’s your name?”

Me: “[My Name].”

Manager: “Okay, well, I’ll get you set up with a new number and password.”

(She helps me get a new number, and then hangs up. When I sign in, the name appearing on my screen in the name of the girl who quit! So after about a half hour, the manager walked by my coffee shop to put some carts away and I stopped her.)

Me: “I signed into the register, and I’m listed as [Girl Who Quit].”

Manager: “Yeah.”

(She stares at me for a moment.)

Manager: “What’s your name?”

Me: “[My Name].”

(She stares at me, dumbfounded.)

Manager: “You told me your name was [Girl Who Quit].”

(We just sort of stared at each other for a few seconds. I was shocked because I had worked with this manager for about six months, and figured she knew what my name was!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!