Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Quick-Change On The Draw

, , , , , | Right | November 28, 2022

Customer: “I want to return this shirt.”

She hands me the receipt, and I see that the shirt was purchased as part of a buy-one-get-one-free deal. My register automatically alerts me to this also.

Me: “I’m afraid that unless you’re returning both shirts, I won’t be able to process this refund.”

Customer: “What?! No! I am just returning the one I paid full price for!”

Me: “That’s not how it works; you need to—”

Customer: “Manager.”

A manager is called, and after the customer causes a scene, the manager allows her to return the shirt. (We work at a large corporation clothing store where, unfortunately, the customer is always right.)

She then goes into the store, buys BACK the shirt she just returned and buys a few more, and tries doing the same exact thing again!

She is paying with cash, and she keeps changing her mind every five minutes while I haven’t even completed the transaction, so I start getting really confused about how much money she owes.

Customer: “You gave me back the wrong change! You’re trying to scam me! I’m gonna get you fired for this!”

My manager walks up, looking really angry.

Manager: “Stop f****** with my employees or you will be escorted out by security.”

After she left, my manager explained to me what quick-changing is and how it’s not uncommon for some awful people to try and confuse cashiers with complicated transactions using cash as a way to rip off the store and get stuff for free.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!