Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Question Mark Against Your Tutorial

, , , , | Learning | December 21, 2017

(I’m a first-year college student. In my subject, it is mandatory to attend tutorials for some classes. We also have to do regular homework and need to pass a certain percentage of it to pass the class. The tutors act as a go-between for students and professors and are encouraged to provide feedback to the latter. They also try to answer any question the new students have about formalities, etc. In some cases, though, they can’t do more than try.)

Tutor: “…and did you feel the lecture yesterday was easy to understand?”

Student #1: “I would actually have loved a more in-depth explanation of [complex process].”

Tutor: *notes it down* “Okay, I will tell her. So, about the homework—”

Student #2: “Yes, it’s weird; you have a different question in #4 than I have here.”

Tutor: “Really? There must have been an update I don’t know about; we tutors should usually be sent the most current version. And we are supposed to get it a few days early so we can prepare the tutorium.” *she sounds frustrated, since this is a repeat issue, and takes another note*

Student #3: “Er, so, is this the final version? And if not, when can we expect it to be online?”

Tutor: *shrugs and shakes her head, clearly exasperated* “We will need to address that with her.”

Student #3: “How many times will homework be issued this semester, anyway? I mean, would we be okay if we failed it twice, or can we only fail it once?”

Tutor: *still exasperated* “I think seven or eight times. She still hasn’t told us.” *she writes something down again*

Student #4: “There was really a lot of homework this week.”

Tutor: “That’s right, but that’s due to the holiday last week. So, you have two weeks to finish it instead of one.”

Student #5: “But she only uploaded it last weekend, so even if it was the final version, we only have one week to do it.”

Tutor: *blinks, sighs, and wordlessly takes another note*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!